Vietnam visa registration service for UK passport holders
What would be included in the application process for a Vietnam visa ? Is it compulsory to get a visa before you enter Vietnam? If you are a traveller who has not ever been to Vietnam, a visa is a must-have item. This article would like to offer you some important information about visa application in Vietnam. Read details!
>>>> SEE MORE: Vietnam e-Visa application form| Guide to e-Visa in Vietnam
1. How to get a Vietnam visa?
Visa policy Vietnam requires those who are not qualified for visa exemption must gain a visa for Vietnam entry. However, there might be no difficulties in getting a visa to visit Vietnam. The reason is that there are currently 3 methods for a valid and legal visa application which would be introduced in the following:
1.1 Apply for a visa at the Vietnamese embassy
This is considered a traditional method of obtaining a visa to visit Vietnam which would be offered by the Vietnam embassy/consulate abroad. To successfully get this type of visa, normally the applicants who are tourists and business travellers need to follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Access the official website of the Vietnam embassy/consulate in your country to apply for a visa.
- Step 2: Sufficiently fill out the visa application form, upload your photo and sign it.
- Step 3: Submit in person the form, original passport, and other required documents to the Vietnam embassy/consulate. Then, complete the payment for a visa fee. The visa fee would be different depending on the type of visa and the location of the embassy.
- Step 4: You might have to wait for the visa process on 3-5 working days. After that, you can come back to the Vietnam embassy/consulate to receive your visa stamp and passport.
Vietnamese visa application form
1.2 Apply for Vietnam e-visa
This is the latest Vietnam visa which was introduced in February 2017 and implemented pilot duration in 2 years. E-visa will cost you a fee of 25 USA and take 3 working days of processing visa. This type of visa is only offered for tourists and single entry. Vietnam e-visa is valid for 30 days and available in 80 countries worldwide.
For a Vietnam visa guide, you need to reach the following details to be aware of e-visa and its application process:
- You need to figure out if your nation is eligible for a visa to visit Vietnam.
- You need to know where the applicable ports of entry in Vietnam are.
- You need to understand the process of getting an e-visa to Vietnam.
- You need to pay attention to the requirements of e-visa fees and other important notes for this kind of visa.
Vietnam single entry visa
1.3 Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA)
Visa on arrival, also known as Vietnam landing visa or Evisa, is issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. This type of visa is the most convenient method to obtain an entry visa to Vietnam. VOA is used for those who hold a normal passport for tourists or businesses. To gain a visa on arrival in Vietnam, there are 3 simple steps that you need to follow:
- Step 1: Access the official Vietnam visa centre website.
- Step 2: Sufficiently complete an “Online Application Form” and implement payment of a certain fee to the centre.
- Step 3: It normally takes 2 working days for the visa process. After that, a visa approval letter would be sent to you via email.
- Step 4: Then, a letter to board the flight would be shown to you. When you arrive at Vietnam airport, you can get a stamped visa by providing the visa approval letter, passport, and making payment for the stamping fee.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival
Also, through Vietnam visa on arrival reviews, there are some important notes that you need to keep in mind:
- VOA is available for dealing with the same day/ urgent process.
- Eligible applicants for VOA include both tourists and business travelers and the validity lasts for up to 1 year.
- VOA is only used for participants who visit Vietnam by air only.
- Vietnam VOA fees contain stamping fees and service fees.
2. Vietnam visa cost for UK citizens
For UK travelers who are wondering “how to get a visa for Vietnam from UK“, here are some required Vietnam visa on arrival UK fees that you need to pay in the visa process. The fees would be different depending on the type of visa that you want to apply for.
|Type of visa||Tourist visa||Business visa||Stamping fee|
|Single 1 month||18||70||25 USD|
|Single 3 month||28||95||25 USD|
|Multiple 1 month||21||75||50 USD|
|Multiple 3 month||43||110||50 USD|
How to get a visa for Vietnam from UK?
3. Types and Vietnam Visa Codes
According to Law No. 51/2019/QH14 amending and supplementing a number of articles of the law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam issued by the National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Vietnamese visa is categorized into 21 types that correspond to certain codes. This article would like to provide an overview of “Tourist visa” “Business visa”.
3.1 Tourist Visa
Those who only visit Vietnam for tourism are issued a tourist visa. A Vietnam tourist visa is classified into 4 types based on the validity and number of entries including a 1-month single entry visa, a 1-month multiple entry visa, a 3-month single entry visa, and a 3-month multiple entry visa.
However, since the launch of new regulations on July 1, 2022, holders of tourist visas to Vietnam with a validity of more than 30 days are only offered a 30-day temporary residence stamp. In case you want to stay in the country, you have to extend your visa. Besides that, you can choose one of three common ways below to get your Vietnam tourist visa:
- For those who are only traveling to Vietnam by air, the recommended type of visa is a visa on arrival to Vietnam.
- Another way to get a visa to visit Vietnam is obtaining a Vietnam embassy visa.
- More conveniently, you can choose to get a Vietnam e-visa. However, you must search all information and requirements related to applying for an e-visa before your application.
Vietnam Tourist Visa
3.2 Business visa
Business visa is also a popular type of visa in Vietnam, which is divided into 4 types and 2 main categories. For the two main categories, to be detail:
- DN1 visa is offered for foreigners who are working with businesses and organizations having legal status complying with Vietnamese law.
- DN2 visa is offered for foreigners who have operated, established, and provided any commercial presence or activities under international treaties of which Vietnam is a member.
Vietnam Business Visa
Besides that, similar to the Vietnam tourist visa, the validity and number of entries would decide the types of Vietnam business visa which are 1-month single entry visa; 1-month multiple entry visa; 3-months single entry visa; and 3-months multiple entry visas. Generally, there are two common ways that you can follow to get a business visa:
- The most simple and easy way that does not require any sponsor letter from your company in Vietnam is getting a Vietnam visa on arrival.
- You also can get a Vietnam embassy visa.
4. Visa requirements for Vietnam
If you are asking yourself, “Do I need a visa to visit Vietnam?” then the answer is definitely “Yes”. Here is a short summarization of the required documents that you need to acknowledge before applying for a Vietnam entry visa.
- Passport: A visa to visit Vietnam requires your passport validity must last for at least 6 months after your date of arrival to Vietnam. Also, your passport must contain at least 2 blank pages to stamp immigration. There might be no acceptance for a temporary passport.
- Visa Approval Letter: Vietnam international airports without carrying a Visa Approval Letter with yourself.
- Photo: Your recent 2 passport-size photos without wearing glass are required.
- Visa application form: A visa on arrival requirements also include an immigration entry and exit application form.
Vietnam Visa Stamping Fee: this kind of fee is applied to a visa on arrival. The payment would be in cash upon arrival.
Required Passport in the visa application
Notably, those requirements are only for those who do not implement a visa exemption in Vietnam. Also, there are some certain notes that you should pay attention to:
- You should check the Vietnamese visa requirements depending on your chosen airline.
- You are not required to have a visa to visit Vietnam in case your destination is Phu Quoc Island. It also does not matter your national starting point and transportation.
- If you are granted a Vietnam visa free, all you need is to carry a passport with a validity of at least 6 months after your arrival date.
- The visa approval letter is only used for those who come to Vietnam by air and is only valid in Vietnam international airports.
- Before acknowledging the required document for a Vietnam entry visa, you should also check if your nation is eligible for getting a visa to Vietnam
An example of Vietnam visa free
5. VEU’s Vietnam visa service for UK citizens
The VEU’s Visa Services commit to bringing British travelers a memorable journey in Vietnam without any concerns for issues related to the visa application. VEU believes in the capabilities of providing various information, tips, and guidance for convenient traveling through Vietnam. When choosing VEU, you will not only get a safe and quick visa stamp but also receive many benefits:
- Fully supported throughout the process of the visa application.
- Willingness to help you step by step from a dedicated and experienced consultant team.
- Quick, safe, and legal application processing time.
- Try best to offer you a reasonable fee.
- Completely provide all details related to the information of the procedures.
- Free direct airport shuttle by car (Car Pickup and Fast track service).
VEU’s Vietnam visa service for UK citizens
If you need a helping hand on dealing with visa issues, do not hesitate to contact VEU’s Visa Services via:
– No 09, line 12/ 143 Kim Ma street, Kim Ma commune, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi, Vietnam L’espoir Homestay
– No 05, line 141, Yen Phu street, Yen Phu commune, Tay Ho district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: [email protected]
Hopefully, through the sharing in this article, you would be completely aware of different types of Vietnam visa as well as the visa application process. If you are struggling with obtaining a visa to visit Vietnam, you can switch and read other posts to get a deeper understanding of the Vietnam entry visa.